This spring break I will be going to Georgia along the coastline. I would say I’m going with my family, but I’m actually going to go with all my friends from Wausau! My best friend, Shpresa, used to live in Spooner, so that’s how we originally became friends.In 7th grade she moved to Wausau and we would just going back and forth meeting up with each other. I began to be friends with her friends, and one day we all had the great idea that we should go on Spring Break together! We looked up places to go during spring vacation and we then found the coastlines of Georgia. Not not is staying in Georgia really cheap, but you also still get breathtaking views of the ocean! It not set in stone where we will be staying yet, but it doesn’t matter to be as long as we’re on the beach!
Probably our main focus while on break is going to be the beach, shopping, and food!
Some more things you can do while along the Georgia coast is:
– Driftwood Beach- a beautiful, one of a kind beach! Driftwood Beach offers a one of a kind experience with its washed up wood and enormous fallen trees on the beach. It’s a very popular location for photos and weddings!
-City tour of Savannah- Savannah is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States, and with a cheap price to visit the entire city, it’s a must!
Images courtesy of:
I never would have thought that I would have the opportunity to say I’m going to Nicaragua, but in February I’ll be getting that opportunity! While I might not be going to the most luxurious part of Nicaragua, I will will be going there for a good cause. Originally my mom brought up the idea about her going to Nicaragua for a mission trip with her church. I thought that was really cool, so I mentioned that to her and she told me to come with her! At first I thought this was just going to be another crazy idea we thought of that we would never go through with, but to my surprise we bought our plane tickets and will be flying off in February! I’m not 100% sure on what part of Nicaragua we will be staying in yet, but the main focus of the trip is to help build a church for the residents there.
Another fun thing about this trip is that not only will be be building a church, we will also be exploring the capital, be able to visit local markets that are there, and even go out to beach and see the ocean!
While my trip to Nicaragua won’t be focused on attractions and things to do, here are some things you can do if you ever find yourself in Nicaragua!:
– Volcano boarding- picture sledding down a big hill, but replace the big hill with a big volcano! Nicaragua has one of the most popular volcano boarding locations in the world, Cerro Negro, and is also Central America’s youngest volcano.
-Cliff jumping- Cliff jump up to 33 feet or just swim around in the beautiful Somoto Canyon! This canyon was only discovered in 2004, but has been a hit ever since it was discovered. The cliffs are on limestone filled canyons with beautiful blue waters at the bottom!
-Scuba diving- Scuba dive in either the Pacific Ocean or the Caribbean Sea! When scuba diving you are bound to see so much marine life, from nurse sharks, parrotfish, and blowfish!
Images courtesy of:
Since I was a little girl, going to California has been such a dream of mine, and now that dream is coming true! Over Christmas Break my family and I (plus my best friend, Shpresa, but she’s basically family so it counts!) will be going to California. We decided that we will be staying on Venice Beach. We will be renting out a house only a few blocks away from Venice Beach. Being we are so close to the beach, we will probably spend most our time on there, but of course we are going to explore the vast state. We also plan on hiking in the valleys, visiting Los Angeles and Hollywood, and maybe even go to a concert.
California is full of interesting and different activities and attractions for just about eveveryone’s taste! Here are some more things you can do if you happen to be in the Venice Beach area:
- Venice Beach Boardwalk- probably the first thing you think of when you hear Venice Beach is the boardwalk! The Venice Beach Boardwalk is filled with different attractions for everyone. There is music, street entertainers, gyms, spas, and just about everything in between!
- Venice Canals- get a little taste of Venice, Italy right in Venice, California! The century old canals are truly like a visit right in Italy. The canals run right through high-class neighborhoods, so while you visit the canals you can also see the breathtaking houses.
- Shopping!- Venice is home to Abbot Kinney and Abbot Kinney is home to so many unique boutiques, shops, and cafes! But if you aren’t into spending a fortune on a blouse, try thrift shopping! Thrifting is very big and Venice and the type of clothing you can find in Venice is hard to find in other places!
Images courtesy of: